Government Affairs Committee
As Flight Attendants, we work in a highly regulated environment. Decisions which affect our safety and security, our work environment and our job security are routinely made in Washington, D.C.
AFA maintains a voice in the political process to express the concerns of Flight Attendants on issues which impact our security and safety, our health, our workplace, the safety of our passengers, and our rights to union representation.
Government Affairs and FlightPAC, are designed to represent AFA's lobbying and political action efforts. Our grassroots activities are intended to educate elected officials about aviation issues to ensure they are aware of our views. Lobbying is an essential component of a successful union program.
The Government Affairs Committee members lobby Senators and Representatives on AFA's legislative issues and work to establish an on-going relationship with these offices.
Learn morn about FlightPAC
Latest Government Affairs Updates
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes Onboard (August 28, 2019)
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes! (August 17, 2019)
- AFA, ALPA, TTD Join Lawmakers at Fair and Open Skies Act Introduction (July 17, 2019)
- Cabin Air Safety Act of 2019 - HR2208 and S1112 (June 19, 2019)
- Act Now! Sign the Petition: Our Rest is Law, Implement Now! (June 8, 2019)
- Act Now ! -> Sign the Petition: Our Rest is Law, Implement Now! (June 5, 2019)
- Act Now ! -> Sign the Petition: Our Rest is Law, Implement Now! (May 24, 2019)
- U.S. Department of Transportation Grants Four Daily Flights to Tokyo Haneda (May 18, 2019)
- Sign the Petition: Our Rest is Law, Implement Now! (May 15, 2019)
- Sign the Petition: Our Rest is Law, Implement Now! (May 11, 2019)