Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Human Trafficking and the Busy Summer Travel Season – Remain Vigilant! (May 15, 2019)
- Avoidance of Passenger Staging on Jet Bridge Including Quick Turn Flights (May 8, 2019)
- Summer Flying Starts This Month, Download 2Hot2Cold (May 8, 2019)
- Cart Safety – Always Avoid Blocking Jumpseats & Emergency Equipment (May 3, 2019)
- United Announces Additional Improvements to UMNR Program (April 23, 2019)
- United’s Office 365 Transition – Maintaining a Separation (April 19, 2019)
- Parking Carts - Jumpseats and Emergency Equipment Accessibility (March 29, 2019)
- Safety Demonstration is Required for Diverted Flights (March 22, 2019)
- Seat Belt Compliance Checks – It’s part of the job! (March 8, 2019)
- It's too (2) Cold! (February 2, 2019)