Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- United Flight Attendants Rejoin ISAP (October 30, 2019)
- Flight Attendants Applaud FAA Move to Include Naloxone Onboard (October 30, 2019)
- Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR) Tracker App (October 5, 2019)
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes! (October 2, 2019)
- Situational Awareness – Especially at the ATM Machine (September 20, 2019)
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes! (September 18, 2019)
- New KCM Requirements But No Uniform Effective September 6, 2019 (September 6, 2019)
- FAA Airmen Certification Card Replacement Clarification (September 6, 2019)
- New KCM Requirements But No Uniform Required – Effective September 6, 2019 (September 4, 2019)
- Layover Safety (September 4, 2019)