Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) (July 20, 2019)
- 2Hot2Cold!- Cabin Thermometers Help Provide Data- Contact Your Local Council (July 12, 2019)
- Safety Checks & Doors – Stop, Drop & Review (July 10, 2019)
- Passenger Incident Review Committee Intended to Support Flight Attendants (July 6, 2019)
- 767-300 (76L) Important Safety Emergency Differences - AC #6684, #6685 & 6686 (July 2, 2019)
- Download 2Hot2Cold! App (June 25, 2019)
- Seat Belt Compliance Checks – It’s part of the job! (June 12, 2019)
- New Unaccompanied Minor Procedures (UMNR) Effective June 1, 2019 (May 31, 2019)
- Human Trafficking and the Busy Summer Travel Season – Remain Vigilant! (May 15, 2019)
- Avoidance of Passenger Staging on Jet Bridge Including Quick Turn Flights (May 8, 2019)