Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- Changes to Preflight Safety Checks - eFAOM Revision 31 (January 17, 2020)
- Line Observer Safety Audit (LOSA) Positions Posted on Flying Together (January 17, 2020)
- Layover Safety and the Importance of Situational Awareness (December 13, 2019)
- Layover Safety (December 10, 2019)
- Liquid, Aerosol & Gel Restrictions from Port of Spain (Trinidad & Tobago) (November 27, 2019)
- Hot2Cold Winter is Here (November 20, 2019)
- International SOS Medical Assistance (November 15, 2019)
- United Flight Attendants Rejoin ISAP (October 30, 2019)
- Flight Attendants Applaud FAA Move to Include Naloxone Onboard (October 30, 2019)
- Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR) Tracker App (October 5, 2019)