Safety, Health and Security Committee
The Committee consists of one Chairperson and one Vice-Chairperson who work with UAL, the Federal Aviation Administration, and AFA-CWA International Air Safety, Health & Security Department to maintain and improve Flight Attendant safety, health, and cabin safety standards.
The Committee monitors and participates in accident/incident investigations; participates in monthly safety meetings with the company; participates in congressional hearings dealing with Flight Attendant safety and health issues; participates in designing cabin interiors of new and reconfigured aircraft; coordinates with United’s Initial and Recurrent training programs to ensure consistency with FAA and AFA-CWA objectives; and maintains an MEC Safety, Health & Security database.
Latest Safety, Health and Security Updates
- New KCM Requirements But No Uniform Effective September 6, 2019 (September 6, 2019)
- FAA Airmen Certification Card Replacement Clarification (September 6, 2019)
- New KCM Requirements But No Uniform Required – Effective September 6, 2019 (September 4, 2019)
- Layover Safety (September 4, 2019)
- Reporting 2Hot 2Cold Instances – Get the App (August 30, 2019)
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes Onboard (August 28, 2019)
- AFA Rejoins Inflight Safety Action Program (ISAP) Effective August 29 (August 23, 2019)
- TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes! (August 17, 2019)
- New Procedures for Dual Boarding/Deplaning Process Effective August 12, 2019 (August 13, 2019)
- Summer is in Full Swing: Download 2Hot2Cold! (August 13, 2019)