United Suspends Operations at Houston through 12 Noon CT, August 31
August 29, 2017
As published in the Inflight Scheduling Alert on Flying Together United has suspended operations at Houston through 12:00N CT on August 31, 2017.
Over the next few days, we will continue to monitor the impact of Harvey on not only the operations at Houston but also on the people who reside in the affected areas. Safety remains the top priority. Based on information available from the area, we have learned the following:
- Some major freeways are flooded in certain areas. As a result, employees at Houston are encouraged to remain safe and stay at home.
- Inflight CQ training at Houston has been canceled through September 4.
- United management will be performing wellness check calls for Crewmembers and staff based in IAH.
- The Houston Flight Attendant Crew Pay Team and Payroll Care Center will also be closed. They will respond to all phone, email and United Service Anywhere requests as soon as they reopen.
- As a reminder, due to high call volumes and IRROPS, we’re asking that all crews who do not have an operationally critical issue to call the Scheduling desk at a later time.
Efforts are underway to schedule humanitarian flights into IAH carrying extra supplies for crewmembers and staff staying at nearby hotels.
Flight Attendants needing financial assistance, due to the storm, are encouraged to reach out to United We Care at 877-825-3729. In addition, AFA Disaster Relief Funds are available to retirees and Members.