Settlement of MEC 5-19 – Reassignment Pay when Deviating on a Final DH segment
October 8, 2019
Settlement of MEC 5-19 – Reassignment Pay when Deviating on a Final Deadhead Segment
Along with a number of Notices of Dispute, MEC 5-19 was filed asserting the Company was improperly interpreting the language in the 2016 – 2021 Flight Attendant Agreement as it relates to Reassignment pay when a Flight Attendant deviates on the final deadhead segment as indicated by place of “FAKE” in the Flight Attendant’s pairing.
While the company is following the practice under the pre-merger Continental Agreement that did not pay Reassignment Pay when a pairing contained a “FAKE” at the end of the pairing, there was also a desire to find a mutually agreeable solution to the dispute. MEC 5-19 was settled under the following terms:
1. Flight Attendants will continue to follow the process for deviating as set forth in Section 3.I.13.
2. When a Flight Attendant deviates under the provisions of Section 3.I.13., Scheduling will place a “FAKE” in the pairing in place of the final deadhead segment.
3. In these circumstances, Reassignment pay will be calculated by using the elapsed time between the original scheduled arriving of the pairing and the scheduled departure time of the deadhead segment that was replaced by “FAKE”.
4. If the elapsed time calculated in paragraph 3 (above) is greater than two (2) hours, the Flight Attendant shall be paid Reassignment Pay for the elapsed time at the rate of $15.00 per hour
5. If the elapsed time calculated in paragraph 3 (above) is two (2) hours or less, the Flight Attendant shall not be entitled to Reassignment Pay.
6. The terms of this agreement shall apply prospectively from the first day of the August 2019 bid month, or July 31, 2019.
This agreement fully resolved MEC 5-19 and any related NODs. No other terms of our Contract are interpreted by this Settlement.