AFA International President Testifies
September 20, 2019
On Thursday, September 26th, the Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Aviation will hold a hearing regarding the implementation of provisions included in the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. AFA International President, Sara Nelson, will be among those testifying. The list of those testifying includes:
- Association of Flight Attendants, CWA
- The Department of Transportation (DOT)
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- The Airline Pilots Association (ALPA)
- National Consumers League
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Coalition
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association (AOPA), and
- Paralyzed Veterans of America.
We continue to urge Congress to pressure the FAA and DOT to implement the provisions of the bill that most affect Flight Attendants. This week at the AFA-CWA Legislative Fly-In this same message was conveyed to the members of Congress visited by AFA representatives.